BSc (Hons) CEng MIET
Kevin obtained his degree from Brighton University and then joined British Aerospace. Whilst there he worked on a number of classified projects and gained Chartered Engineer status. Later, he joined Grant Instruments – a market leading laboratory and data logging company – and rose to Software Development Manager.
Since joining PTP in 2000 Kevin has helped build on the company core skills and work principles and as a director, has helped manage its growth and reputation.
- The UI (LabVIEW) and control system for an Ion Scanning Microscope
- The enhancement to a sub-maritime fibre optical repeater board level functional test system (LabWindows).
- Project management and coding of three turnkey test systems for a range of flame detectors for a blue chip security company (LabWindows).
- For over ten years the continued development and improvement of a production management system for a manufacturing company with a turnover in excess of two million GBP per annum (VB6).
- Augmentation and enhancement of a landing gear test rig (LabWindows)
Areas of Expertise
- Automated test system (principally using LabWindows/CVI and LabVIEW)
- PID control system
- Embedded systems
- SQL database using both MS Access and SQL Server
- High speed data capture and analysis as well
- Bespoke customer hardware and instrumentation communication protocols (Ethernet, RS485/422/232, GPIB).
Specific NI Experience
LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, TestStand, cDAQ, Real-Time, FPGA, cRIO, Vision.