Through a procedure of precision measurement and adjustment within the fixture, the laser radar modules designed for adaptive cruise control systems can be accurately aligned to ensure proper operation when fitted to the front of the vehicle.
PTP developed a National Instruments hardware and software solution that provided:
- Digital I/O for control and monitoring of the fixture equipment
- RS-232 communications to Keyence transducers for micron-precision displacement measurements
- A bespoke software solution with a fluid and intuitive interface for operation of the fixture
- Automatic and secure operator and system performance logging
- The ability to retrieve information on all previously calibrated radar modules through a simple search facility
- High configurability to adapt to changing system requirements